5 Things To Do If Your Pipes Freeze During A Winter Storm
Frozen pipes in Atlanta, GA during extreme winter storms can be a significant inconvenience and even a danger to your home or business. When the water in pipes freezes, it expands and can cause the pipe to burst, leading to costly and time-consuming repairs. To prevent frozen pipes or mitigate the damage if they do freeze and burst, it’s essential to take certain precautions and know what to do.
Here are five things to do if your pipes freeze during a winter storm in Atlanta, GA:
- Keep your thermostat set to the same temperature day and night. This will help prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Open cabinet doors to allow warm air to circulate pipes, especially in unheated areas like basements or crawl spaces.
- If you turn off your main water valve for any reason, leave the faucets on so that a small trickle of water flows. This will help prevent the pipes from freezing.
- If you do suspect a frozen pipe, use a hair dryer, heat lamp, or portable space heater to thaw the pipe. Be sure never to use an open flame to thaw a frozen pipe.
- If you cannot locate or thaw the frozen pipe, or if the pipe has already burst, turn off the main water valve and call 911 Restoration of Atlanta for assistance.
Your Trusted Water Damage Restoration Company
If you find yourself amid a winter storm with frozen or burst pipes, know that 911 Restoration of Atlanta is here to help. Our certified and trained technicians team is available 24/7 to provide prompt and reliable service in a plumbing emergency. Don’t let frozen pipes ruin your winter – let us help you get your home or business back on track.
911 Restoration of Atlanta is your go-to source for expert water damage restoration services, particularly in winter disasters such as frozen pipes and pipe bursts. As a local company, we understand the unique challenges homeowners and business owners in Atlanta face during the cold winter.
Frozen pipes Can Cause Water Damage
Frozen pipes and pipe bursts can lead to water damage, mold infestations, and other costly problems that can compromise the safety and integrity of your property. That’s why we offer a full range of services to help you get your home or business back to its best, including mold remediation and removal, fire and smoke damage restoration, sewage backup cleanup, commercial cleaning and reconstruction, and disaster restoration services.
Our team of IICRC-certified technicians is always available 24/7 to serve residential and commercial customers in the Atlanta area, so don’t hesitate to give us a call if you need assistance with winter disaster restoration.